Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Columbia University (present)
M.Sc. in Management Information Systems, Arab Academy for Banking and Finance Sciences and University of Damascus (2010).
B.Sc. in Information Technology Engineering, University of Damascus (2007).
A.Sc. in Computer Engineering, University of Damascus (2003).
Systems and Tools
Elissa: Dialectal to Standard Arabic Machine Translation System.
ADAM: Analyzer for Dialectal Arabic Morphology.
OrKestra: A Semantic Organizational Knowledge Management System.
PhN: Piled Hyper-kNowledge: A model for semantic representation of knowledge using Conceptual Graphs.
PhoeniQia (or, PhNQA): A Semantic Question Answering System over PhN.
- - Statistical and Rule-Based Machine Translation in general.
- - Arabic Dialect to English Machine Translation.
- - Arabic Dialect to Standard Arabic Machine Translation.
- - Automatic learning of paraphrase rules from parallel data.
- - Arabic Dialect Identification and Classification.
- - Arabic Morphology.
- - Machine translation of morphologically complex languages.
- Funded by DARPA's BOLT project. Previously, funded by DARPA's GALE Project.